Fnesco Car Care Center in Glenolden, PA 19036 is a full-service preventative
maintenance and auto repair center, providing comprehensive car care services
for your domestic or import vehicle to keep it running at full power. For
questions, contact us at 610-583-3503 or send
us an email, and our experts will help determine what needs to be done.
Our basic auto maintenance services include:
- Factory Recommended Service/Maintenance
- 30/60/90/105K Mileage
General 30,000 mile maintenance service:
1. Lube, oil, and filter service
2. Air filter replacement
3. Cabin filter replacement
4. Rotate and balance tires. Check tire wear and condition.
5. Check alignment
6. Flush brake fluid
7. Inspect exhaust system, brake lines, fuel lines, and suspension components.
8. Inspect coolant and cooling system hoses.
9. Fuel filter replacement in those vehicles so equipped.
General 60,000 mile maintenance services:
1. All of the 30,000 mile services plus the following
2. Antifreeze flush in appropriate vehicles. *
3. Spark plug service in appropriate vehicles. *
4. Timing belt service in appropriate vehicles. *
General 90,000 mile maintenance services:
1. All of the 60,000 mile services plus the following
2. Antifreeze flush in appropriate vehicles *
3. Spark plug service in appropriate vehicles *
4. Timing belt service in appropriate vehicles *
General 105,000 mile maintenance services:
1. All of the 90,000 mile services plus the following
2. Complete tune up. Spark plugs, wires/boots, pcv valve, etc.
3. Replacement of the cooling system hoses.
* Different vehicles have different mileage recommendations for these services. These services should be performed as recommended by the manufacturer or as vehicle use and condition dictates.*
- Distributorless Ignition
- Fuel Injection
- Ignition Wires & Cables
- Oil, Lube, and Filter
- Spark Plugs
When it is time for a lube, oil, or filter change, take your vehicle to Fnesco Car Care Center in Glenolden, PA 19036.
Automobile Squeaks, Squeals and Rattles Questions and Answers
Why do my brakes squeak?The most common reason brakes squeak is that they are worn out. The squeak is the sound of the metal wear indicator on the brake pad coming in contact with the metal rotor. Your brakes are the top safety feature on your vehicle, so come by Fnesco Car Care Center and get them replaced right away. If you hear a squeaking only when you press the brake pedal the first 2-3 times when you first start driving in the morning it is the result of overnight moisture build up and likely nothing to worry about.
Why is my car making a squealing noise?It may be a slipping fan belt. Listen for a few warning signs such as a squeaking or chirping noise. Those noises are usually caused by misalignment of the belt and the pulley. If you come by Fnesco Car Care Center in Glenolden our professional auto repair technicians can realign it to stop the noise and fix it before your fan belt completely breaks.
Can engine rattling be fixed?Yes. Many engine rattles can be fixed quickly and affordably. The most common reason for engine rattling is a collapsed valve lifter. This needs to be repaired quickly or it can cause misfires. Other common causes that need immediate attention are a failing tensioner belt, drive belt or low oil pressure. If the rattle is intermittent, it may be a poor connection between the rod and the crankshaft. If the noise is loud, it may be a cracked flex plate or rusted heat shield. Higher mileage vehicles may have an engine rattle resulting from an engine hotspot ping, piston slap or degrading sound dampening features such as engine insulation. Sometime what sounds like an engine rattle is not the engine at all but a cracked catalytic converter.
Why does my car make a noise when I turn the steering wheel?If your car makes strange sounds or clicks when you turn the steering wheel the most common cause is a low steering fluid. Over time the steering fluid decreases and air enters the steering mechanism causing unwanted noises. Come to Fnesco Car Care Center to top off your fluid reservoir with power steering fluid. The noises should start to go away immediately. If the sound returns quickly your car could be leaking steering fluid. Our professionals in Glenolden can help you diagnose and repair leaks quickly and affordably.
Why does my car squeal when I start it in the morning?A worn out cambelt (also known as a timing belt) will create a loud noise when you start your car's engine. The noise could range from squealing to hissing or rumbling. This is the sound of a cambelt that is about to break. If a cambelt breaks it can ruin your car's engine. Come to Fnesco Car Care Center and get it replaced right away.
Why are my wheels making a chirping sound when I accelerate?A: The most common reason why your car's wheels make a chirping or squealing sound, especially during acceleration is a bad wheel bearing. If you notice a grinding or grating noise coming from your wheel this can also be the sound of a wheel bearing beginning to fail. If you are in Glenolden, Darby, Chester, Upper Darby or the surrounding area, come by Fnesco Car Care Center and we can diagnose the problem quickly.
Windshield Wipers Questions and Answers
Why are my windshield wipers not working?If your windshield wiper won't turn on the most common reason is a blown fuse. Come by Fnesco Car Care Center and we can replace the fuse quickly and affordably. Other reasons windshield wipers may fail are electrical faults in the control arm, or wiper motor. If your windshield wipers are failing to wipe away water the most likely cause is torn or worn-out wiper blades. Wiper blades are made of rubber and need to be replaced frequently.
How much does it cost to replace windshield wipers?The average cost for a windshield wiper blade replacement is between $40 and $80 including parts and labor. Come by Fnesco Car Care Center in Glenolden and we can replace your windshield wipers quickly and affordably.
Can I replace both windshield wiper blades or just one?If one windshield wiper blade is worn out and failing the other is like to fail soon too. Windshield wiper blades are usually sold as a pair. It is usually more cost effective to replace both at the same time. If you have front and rear wiper blades on your vehicle, replace them at the same time as well.
Leaking Fluid Questions and Answers
Why is water leaking on my foot on the driver's side?The most common cause is a blocked air conditioning drain hose. This is a simple repair at Fnesco Car Care Center. There are other possible causes of water dripping on your foot on the driver's side of the car including a broken door seal or leaking heat exchanger.
What should I do if my car creates a small oil leak on my driveway?If the spill is still wet, cover the stain with clay cat litter, sand, cornmeal, cornstarch or baking soda. This will help absorb the oil before it soaks into the cement. Once the spill has dried, sweep up the absorbent material. Then, wash away the remaining stain with water and soap. A small oil leak on your driveway is an indication that something is wrong with your car. Bring your car to Fnesco Car Care Center to get the problem diagnosed. Do not ignore an oil leak as it can seriously affect your car's engine.
Why is my car leaking a sweet-smelling fluid?If there is a sweet-smelling fluid leaking from your car, the most likely culprit is leaking coolant or antifreeze. A coolant leak can become a serious problem. If your vehicle gets too low on coolant or antifreeze, it will overheat and may cause engine damage.
Motor Oil Questions and Answers
What are the 4 types of engine motor oil?There are four basic classes of engine oil used in car maintenance today. Your owner's manual will explain which type of motor oil your vehicle needs. It is important to always use the correct type of motor oil. The four types of motor oil are:
- Conventional petroleum-based motor oil - This is the most common type of motor oil used in vehicles.
- Synthetic motor oil - a lubricant made up of artificial chemical compounds derived by breaking down and rebuilding petroleum molecules.
- Synthetic blend motor oil - a combination of common petroleum motor oil and synthetic motor oil.
- High mileage oil - This type of motor oil is most commonly used in commercial vehicles and contains additives and seal enhancers that reduce leaks.
What are the steps for performing an oil change?
- Remove the plug and drain the old engine oil.
- Remove the old oil filter.
- Replace it with a new oil filter.
- Replace the plug and fill with new oil.
- Check to ensure that oil levels are correct.
Oil Filters Questions and Answers
What are the three types of oil filters?
- Cellulose media filter - This is the most common type of disposable oil filter found in cars today.
- Synthetic media filter - Made from high quality synthetic fibers, also catch and remove the smallest particulates and withstand complex chemical reactions better.
- Micro glass media filters - High-end oil filters that include an extremely fine metal media or micro glass material.
How often should oil filters be changed?Consult your owner's manual to determine the maintenance interval for your vehicle's oil filter. Some manufacturers recommend that the oil filter be replaced every time you get your oil changed while others recommend every other time.
$69 off Auto Serviceview coupon
$600 or more
Been going to Fnesco for over 10 years and have always left satisfied with a job well done by experienced mechanics.